Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

It’s time for Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real, a Thursday happening over at Like Mother, Like Daughter’s excellent blog. It’s about capturing the contentment in everyday life, a concept I wholeheartedly embrace.

Pretty — A dear friend gave this tote to me a few years ago. It usually holds my current study materials when I am teaching Bible classes. Gotta get crackin’ — the new quarter begins in less than a week!

Happy — My niece, Clancy, drew/wrote/created this for me while they were visiting last weekend for Thanksgiving. She is seven. I love the arrows, which are apparently her way of directing me to drop my eyes lower to get her completed name. She has inadvertently done me a service — as much as I love her, I have a terrible time remembering whether or not her name contains an “e.” I shall post this on the fridge and have it in front of me until the truth sinks in.

Funny — Speaking of fridges, these Shakespeare quote magnets have earned a place on ours. I usually don’t like a crowded fridge surface, but these remain, a gift from our daughter when she visited the British Isles a few years ago. I wonder what that says about us? Hmmm…

Real — Sigh. Yesterday I broke my very favorite mug, and it was all my fault. I balanced it on the corner of the bathroom sink, and it slid into the sink, and… Sigh. Ah, well, now it will become curved pieces to turn upside down over the drainage holes of planters or pots.

You can participate in Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real, too! Click here:

round button chicken

1. Posted December 1, 2011 at 8:41 am | Permalink

It’s so sad to lost a mug 🙁 We’re down to three thanks to the boys liking to “share” my tea.
    Your magnets are great!

2. Posted December 1, 2011 at 8:41 am | Permalink

ah i loved that cup 🙁 lets see:
    (sorry no pics so i’ll just post here)

Pretty:
    today we set up our christmas tree, just the tree and lights but sitting here looking at the lights shining is so pretty

Happy:
    was sitting having a coffee with Tilly yesterday (she has her baby chino (i.e. steamed milk with sprinkles) and she looked up at me with a big smile and said “Mom, I love having coffee with you”

Funny:
    sitting in the car and hearing Tilly entertaining Nate with what I know to be a mimic of the voice I use, then hearing him burst into laughter

Real:
    hmm. . . . I have a stack of “projects” sitting in our front room waiting to be done before chritsmas and have NO idea how i’m going to get it all done. . . probably set expectations a little too high

3. Posted December 1, 2011 at 8:55 am | Permalink

Sorry about the mug. We are constantly breaking dishes around here. I hope you have a blessed week.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

4. Posted December 1, 2011 at 9:03 am | Permalink

LOVE your basket tote! It’s beautiful! Sad for your mug. I, too, have a favorite that just feels right in my hands every morning. Hope you can find a new favorite.

5. Posted December 1, 2011 at 9:11 am | Permalink

=( Goodbye favorite mug.

6. A
    Posted December 1, 2011 at 10:23 am | Permalink

Hey! Clancy used that font that I used for the thanksgiving cards! Now I feel like such a cool cousin 🙂
    I’m sorry about your mug, but you can use mine till Oct if you want!

7. Posted December 1, 2011 at 10:59 am | Permalink

Had never thought of using the broken shard for planters. See – even this served a purpose!

8. Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

I have to admit the magnets had me confused for a minute, I never would have thought of Shakespeare, and I was an English major!

9. Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

I just broke my favorite mug also! Although I was so sad about it I just chucked the whole thing-hooray for you for finding a good use for the pieces!